With 2016 just around the corner, it’s time to rehash 2015 and think about our goals for the new year. Yep, time for those cliché resolutions that we all love to hate and hate to love!
A few years ago however, I stopped doing them for New Years per se. I’m a late bloomer as a December baby, and as a result started making my yearly resolutions: what I had planned to do for the upcoming year that I promise to try my very best to complete! For me it made it that much more personal, and my success rate has gone up since I started! So, here’s my Resolutions for Year 26 on Planet Earth!
- Travel to at least one new country this year. Whether it’s a weekend trip or a three week getaway, I want to see some new horizons!
- Cross off a bucket list item. I’ve only just started keeping physical track of these, but there’s a few I’m eyeballing this year!
- Travel solo more often. Every time I do I always learn something new about myself. It’s hard to get myself in the mindset sometimes as travelling with a companion is so much fun, but some things you just have to do solo!
- Get outside! I’m like a cat – if the sunshine is coming through my window, I just want to curl up and enjoy the warmth. After a while though I tend to get cabin fever and so this needs to stop… especially with my fairly recent love of hiking!
- Visit somewhere new at least twice a month. Doesn’t matter if it’s local or 8000km away, I just want to keep things fresh as well as myself motivated! I’ve already got my eye on a few conservations areas & hikes here in KW.
- Give I’ve Been Bit! a makeover. Now that I’ve got my own space & have the time to get creative, it’s time to make IBB more my own so stay tuned for some fun updates!
- Start merging my two passions – design and travel. I’m thinking of designing and selling some shirts, iPhone cases, etc online that are travel-related. If you think you’d buy them or would like something in particular, comment below as I’d love some feedback & someone to bounce ideas off of!
- Step more outside my comfort zone. In new situations I tend to get anxious and I don’t often act myself, so I’m pledging to try and become less nervous this year!
- Network more. This is somewhat connected to the previous one as I’m awful when it comes to going to events and networking with people. Small talk? What’s that? How’s the weather?! I’m at a loss, but practice makes perfect right?
- Try a new recipe once a week. My Pinterest has been collecting recipe after recipe (I’ve got ~1000 of them, it’s ridiculous) but my mission accomplished board is lacking. Time to fix that and get creative in the kitchen – and so far so good!
- Take advantage of my new location. As I’ve just moved into a new apartment in KW, a few new perks have come along with it… time to exploit them! Especially the indoor pool…
- Be smart with money. Saving is a part of this yes, but more so when spending. Eat out less, keep an eye for sales, take advantage of money back deals and credit cards, etc. This way I’ll be able to do some of the previous resolutions a lot faster!
Do you create New Years Resolutions or do you have any other traditions to bring in a new year? I’d love to hear more as this list just might grow. That’s the best part about birthday resolutions – they can just keep on coming!